SAP Fiori Tracker
What it is?
Fiori tracker is an application that serves as a central registry of the Fiori applications that you are implementing or supporting in your SAP S/4 HANA system.
Why was it created?
- To save the time needed to agree and carry out the configuration of different types of applications available through SAP Fiori Launchpad
- To ease the process of implementing changes SAP Fiori applications and their grouping in catalogs, groups, and roles
What does it give you?
- Quickly search apps requiring your attention
- Quickly access all app’s configuration details, standard documentation, status, relations with Fiori Launchpad catalogs and groups, inclusion in authorization roles
- Enforced consistent naming convention enables speedy navigation in SAP Fiori designer – entering a fixed prefix allows listing all custom catalogs and business groups
- Implementation scope control, avoiding scope creep – one reference point lets project members quickly reassure what apps are within the scope of the project which not. This is especially important with a project run in an agile approach when there is a need to keep up with quickly evolving requirements.
Functional consultants (especially project stream leads)
- Enforces Fiori launchpad catalogs and business groups naming conventions
- Clarity on setup, configuration and testing responsibility as some of the apps can be required as part of processes from different streams
- Unique identification of the app – especially important when apps have similar Fiori Launchpad tiles name as a result of the naming that SAP came up with or from publishing the apps that are extensions of standard apps.
SAP Fiori developers
- Quickly discover inconsistencies:
- In to-be version (requirement itself) for catalog and business group – f.e. catalogs without the apps assignments, roles without catalogs assignments
- Between To-be (requirement) and what is set up in the system already
- Speeds up the process of gathering all input that is needed to finalize provisioning
Support team members
- Less time is spent on administration – clearing out what needs to be done and on the other hand where were the changes made, allowing to focus on delivering real project value
- Reduced number of mistakes when referring to app especially by stakeholders that are not experienced with Fiori apps terminology
- The simplified process of reporting issues in a problem tracking system (f.e. Atlassian Jira)
Button available in every Fiori Launchpad application automatically creates the issue is a respective tracking system .Issue is automatically populated with SAP system id and precise application name for quick reference by support or implementation team.
See the screenshots of the app.